Tuesday, September 13, 2011

shine like the sun

Working with people who are facing death, moving through their death and standing witness to this next to the people who loved them, or struggled with them, and who are left without them in their lives reminds me each time of this certain question. "If I knew I was dying today, how would I love differently?" Not  a looking back kind of "how would I have loved differently".. but a present form of "How would  I love differently right now and moving ahead?" On the day of death all else fades but love..  and why not now? 
  IT is an asking kind of  prayer of immediacy.  Yearning prayer.. to be transformed deeper. .. to the point that nothing stands in the way.  Deepest compassion enter in.  Welcome to your new home. Help me out with the "house" cleaning. It must shine like the sun.

No comments: