Tuesday, January 8, 2008

20 straight days

20 straight days of kids home for the holidays. Time so rich and full I cannot remember when everyone individually arrived, or left. We haven't had that stretch of time together since they all lived at home. Such a gift to be all together for so many days in a row.. it may not happen again for a long time... I am thankful to the depths of my soul.. where the Spirit rests, I imagine smiling at me.

Memory : standing on the porch with my coffee listening to the sounds/shreeks of 5 adults ages 22-31 sledding down the hills of Timberlee Christmas afternoon. I an glad I listened to the inner prompting to buy those sleds, even though I was already in the line to check out at Meijer.

Fullness of spirit is a grace much appreciated during some of the coldest, darkest days of winter. It is carrying me through to Lent, which comes early this year. May the journey through Lent, filled with letting go, emptying out, opening for newness, be held within the fullness of this grace given; the fullness of God.

No comments: